Find out how to identify the best time for replacing a deck and discover the most common signs of wear and tear
Is your deck replacement long overdue, and you are wondering what is the best time of the year for replacing a deck? While spring, summer, and even winter are good periods to maintain decks, fall is likely the ideal time to work on deck replacement tasks for a number of reasons.
While many homeowners think spring or summer is the best time for replacing a deck, the experts at Dupont Deck Builders suggest otherwise. In this article, we will go over a few reasons why we believe replacing your deck in the fall season is a wise choice!
5 Reasons Why Fall is the Best Season for Deck Replacement
- The impact of the environment on a new deck and the products used for the installation is one of the main objections consumers have regarding deck construction in the fall.
Let us inform you that treated lumber and composite materials are prepared and made to survive extremely high and low temperatures, dampness and humidity, and dry and wet seasons. The best time to start building your deck is typically as summer gives way to fall, and here are five reasons why:
Reduced Waiting Time
- The busiest time of the year for deck construction is typically spring. Homeowners are eager to resume living outside after their indoor confinement. Everyone begins to consider relocating their life outside as the winter weather gives way to milder conditions.
Although having an overflowing phone line at the business is a great problem to have, it frequently makes consumers wait longer. Due to the quickly filling schedule, the lead time is typically greater.
- Most homeowners mentally prepare to start spending time inside again in the fall. One benefit of installing your deck in the fall is that it will be finished much sooner than it would be in the spring or summer. Each project has a decreased wait time.
Additionally, after winter is through, your deck will be prepared for use the moment the first warm spring day appears. You won’t need to start the project at this stage because it will already be finished, allowing you to concentrate on gardening and furnishing your new outside space.
- Deck building in the fall can cause you to save lots of money whether you do it yourself or hire a contractor. Contractors are typically more amenable to price negotiations at this time of year, and it’s not unusual to discover discounts on lumber and other construction supplies.
- Let’s face it; you don’t need to decide right away to set up a timeline and have your deck constructed by Memorial Day. Instead, plan your deck in the fall, choose your colors, make as many design changes as you wish, and have pleasure with it.
You can start construction in the fall or wait until the following spring once you reach the stage where you have finalized your decisions, but you will be prepared to begin in the fall, winter, or spring.
- Fall deck construction also has the benefit of better ground and weather conditions for yards and landscaping. The consequences of the entire construction process on the current landscaping and turf should be more anticipated when dealing with the elements.
Heavy rains result in muddier soil and turf, which slows down the deck-building process despite the fact that we always strive to be as minimally intrusive as possible during our construction phase. The environment in the fall is normally considerably dryer, and plants and grass are generally more robust to minor disruptions.
- Simply put, the lovely weather makes autumn a fantastic season to build a new deck. Gathering with friends around a fire pit on a deck in the cooler, crisper weather is ideal. There is plenty of time outdoors thanks to the pleasant range of fifty to seventy-five degrees.
Fall is the best season for enjoying the outdoors, as opposed to the sweltering heat of summer and the dampness and rain of spring. Many of our clients enjoy hosting their get-togethers and barbecues at this time of year.
- Fall is a favored season for deck building for a variety of factors. The possibilities range from costs, weather considerations, building procedures, and having your outdoor space ready to use in the spring.
You now have plenty of time to plan everything from design to material and color before the fall season. For more information or advice, you can always get in touch with the experts at Dupont Deck Builders!